December 14, 2016

A Lost Cause


Cesme, 2015. The beach where the Syrian baby was washed ashore.
(Semoga dia berjumpa dengan keluarganya di syurga bersama mangsa-mangsa perang yang lain. Amin)

Nobody tells you that life after studies is gonna be challenging. You may get a warn or two by some but until you really experience it yourself, no matter what people tell you, you can never fully comprehend it.

As with me, this year was a total struggle. Never in my life have I gone through something so serious that I thought really needed a fix asap. But to my surprise, it totally went the opposite. 

It needed a time-off. 

Time does heal pain. But human nature, we always want things - pronto, por favor! We are always in a rush of the unknown and when we cannot surpass it - we start blaming ourselves, or the surrounding or whoever, whatever we can put the blame on. 

-

After studies I was so eager to be in the active loop again and just start to do everything altogether at one time! And ultimately, I didn't want to have a fixed job. Because to me, I would not really have the time to proceed with the project ideas I have in mind. So, anything would do but just not a fixed job. 

But, unfortunately.

My organic farming, my Public Mutual & AIA Takaful, my organic chicken and my book project all went down the drain. Nothing worked. So I broke down and I cried a thousand times but kept the prayer strong. 

I shut myself off from people, surrounding and anything that I don't feel like dealing with. I was sad & broken.

Yet, there is always light at the end of the tunnel. And the shut down was actually a blessing in disguise. So we could listen to ourselves more, detect the wrongs and improve them, we have more time to explore and learn rather than being too greedy of the unknown.

Be patient and continue working on it. One day, you will learn why things went the way it did. 

But, if you are just a lost cause like how I was (or maybe still am), try listening to Brendon - he's a professional motivator and hopefully you will get some of his spirit and insights to motivate you with your plans.


A summary of what you can do when you feel lost:

1. Call and meet a friend to get some perspectives.
2. Go volunteer and be around people who does good and have a cause.
3. Read a good book.
4. Get momentum by achieving small daily goals like taking a shower! Hmm πŸ€”πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

& don't fret, this is life. From time to time, life will stop and drag you down only to lift you up higher.

So, keep your chin up and keep on swimming~~~

Love,

Mus

No comments:

Post a Comment